New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Are Justice and Closure Your Goals?
What Are 11 Key Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident?
- Photograph the IDs of all parties involved in the accident, including drivers, passengers, and other witnesses.
- Photograph registration and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the overall accident scene if you are able to. Think overview of the intersection, overview of all sides of all cars involved, and also close-ups of damages of all vehicles involved.
- Call the police and do not leave the scene of the accident unless it is due to a medical emergency.
- Make a report to the police of what happened;
- Do not apologize after the accident;
- Do not state how you physically feel as sometimes injures and associated symptoms take time to develop. Of course, if you are seriously injured, take an ambulance to the hospital.
- Get medical treatment.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company.
- Do not sign authorizations for medical treatment.
- Call Boling Law Firm – New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyer for a FREE CASE REVIEW. We work on a NO RECOVERY-NO FEE Basis. You do not owe us any fee if we do not recover money for you.
How To Get Your New Orleans Accident Report?
Here’s how to get a copy of your accident report: Get it in person at the New Orleans Police Department, request a copy by mail from the police department, or buy a copy online through buycrash.com.
Louisiana law requires the NOPD investigating officer to file his crash report with the New Orleans Police Department within forty-eight hours after completing his investigation. The N.O.P.D Form 26 is typically given to the parties involved in the accident by the investigating officer. Reports may be available 14-21 Working Days after the accident. The N.O.P.D Form 26 that the New Orleans Police officer gave you at the scene of the accident is NOT the accident report. However, it contains key information for getting a copy of the report, such as:
- Item Number,
- Date of Occurrence and
- Location of Occurrence.
Car Accidents in New Orleans can be complicated. Finding and reading the accident report can be just as complex. You can explore our accident report guide below and contact a New Orleans Car Accident Attorney at Boling Law Firm. Call 504-615-6309 for a Free Consultation.
How To Pick Up My Accident Report in Person
How To Order My Accident Report Online
CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS
NEW ORLEANS CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS
From January 1, 2020 through the July 31, 2020, there have been 10,332 total car accidents. On a monthly basis they are:
- January 1,841
- February 2,171
- March 1,394
- April 844
- May 1,196
- June 1,418
- July 1,468
HOW BOLING LAW FIRM CAN HELP
Boling Law Firm recognize your most immediate problems following an automobile accident with injuries include the following:
- Past and future lost wages so you can pay your day to day bills;
- Emergency room, hospital and other medical bills that may have been placed in collections as well as future medical bills;
- Funeral expenses
Preparing a strong case can be difficult but is very important. You will need to gather and submit all medical, wage, photos, videos, and other supporting documents to establish a successful claim and get a fair auto accident settlement. Jeremiah Boling has experience with car accident claims. He will work with your medical providers and the insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery. In evaluating your claim, the insurance company file review will include the following:
- Records and bills from the hospital, treating doctors and other medical providers;
- Statements given at the accident scene by those involved in the accident, the witnesses and the reporting police officer as well as body cam video and any other statements;
- Photographs of the accident scene, damage to vehicles and of injuries sustained;
- Medicaid, Medicare, child support and other liens;